Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Speed Review: Get Hard (2015)



Forgettable. Reaching. Overdone. Those are some of the words I can think to describe a few of the scenes in Get Hard. For a comedy, I just didn't find it all that funny. It was one of those movies where I was glad I watched it, but I wouldn't be sad if I never saw it again. There is something that is missing that I'm still trying to put my finger on. Thinking about it, the film wasn't horrible by any means. Just...missing something. To wrap it up with a bow, we'll just say a lot of flat moments made the film stagnant.

It stars Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart. Ferrell's character James is about to go prison and, for the sake of survival, seeks out Darnell (Hart) to give him tips on how to make it in the big house. While the concept is seemingly funny and I did find myself laughing openly at a couple of parts, Get Hard comes up a little short. I give it a 72.

No comments:

Post a Comment