Saturday, February 6, 2016

McSween's Magnificent Movies of 2015

At the time of me writing this, I still have yet to see Anomalisa, Chiraq, or The Hateful Eight. If any of those three make the list, I will go back and edit it. However, I did see quite a bit of movies in 2015 and, while I don't think it was quite as strong as 2014, there were plenty of great movie experiences. Here were my top ten for the year:



10. The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron (My Rating: 91)


9. The Revenant (91)

8. The Night Before (93)

7. Trainwreck (94)
     This is one of those rare comedies that you leave not having expected to laugh nearly as much as you did. Amy Shumer did a phenomenal job, but suprisingly so in the more dramatic scenes. It's a movie with heart that will manage to make you pee your pants.

6. The Gift (94)
     This movie wasn't on my radar at all for 2015, but the more trailers I saw, the more intrigued I became. The Rotten Tomatoes score put me over the top and I had to see it. So glad I did as it is one of the best thrillers I've seen in awhile. There's hardly any violence, but the suspense is still extremely thick. The ending is one you won't soon forget.

5. The Visit (95)


4. Dope (95)

3. Jurassic World (96)
     Jurassic Park was the movie that got me into both movies and writing. I entered this movie hoping for the best and got that and so much more. Action-packed, great cast, very memorable moments. There was a lot to like about this dinosaur-driven film, including Chris Pratt's awesome performance.

2. Inside Out (98)
     Pixar did it again. This movie centers around an eleven-year-old girl and her journey of emotions and thoughts. The concept is brilliant, but definitely something that could be easy to mess up. From beginning to end, this movie is a homerun.


1. Paddington (99)
     You were expecting The Force Awakens? Listen, I'm surprised as you right now. Going into the year, I didn't expect to fall in love with a bear in a corduroy coat, but I'm smitten. I almost wish that my number one choice was some artsy fartsy movie or some popular cash cow for the sake of sparing myself the embarrassment of having to explain why Paddington was numero uno in my heart for 2015. I loved the originality. It made me laugh from beginning to end. It never took itself too seriously, but it still managed to pack a lot of heart. What's not to love? Paddington, you had me at marmalade. You had me at marmalade.

No comments:

Post a Comment