Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Retro Speed Review: The Santa Clause (1994)




I don't know what it is about Tim Allen, but he just gets me. When he's trying to be funny, it doesn't always seem like it's on purpose. That's a part of what I think makes The Santa Clause work so well. There is one particular scene where he's delivering a canoe to a family. He gets so frustrated with the little girl asking the typical questions that normal kids do that he ends up throwing the paddle. Seeing him so flustered is just hilarious to me. It's the same exact reason I laughed so hard at Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa. Two entirely different movies of course, yet they manage to hit your funny bone in exactly the same way. Allen's acting is superb and he manages to keep the laughs coming throughout the film. If you haven't seen it yet, I feel like this is one you can watch during any time of the year and still get a kick out of it. I give it an 85.

No comments:

Post a Comment