Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sisters (2015) Movie Review




Sisters occasionally falls into the trap of being too sappy to the point where it had me rolling my eyes at certain points. I'm not one immune to sappy moments in film. I would just prefer that they not be over the top. Too much sap and you've got me frozen in time in what was otherwise a pretty darn good movie.

It gets off to a slow start as it seems like it is trying too hard to be funny. After about twenty minutes of that, the laughs come naturally and often. After the first hour, you will probably have experienced at least a couple of moments where you're laughing harder than expected. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are naturals together from their days on SNL and nothing changes here. With Poehler's awkwardness and Fey's eccentric antics, it keeps the movie entertaining for a good long time. Their epic Ellis Island blast will give you something to talk about on the ride home. The ending is also pretty satisfying as it ties a nice, funny bow on to everything. Overall, I give Sisters an 85!

No comments:

Post a Comment