Thursday, September 17, 2015

Movies In My Top 242: 230-223



Yes, I keep track of all my movies and where I rank them in terms of GIMO (Greatest In My Opinion). This list changes frequently as I build my list of movies I've actually seen. Looking at Ebert's reviews, I've got a long way to go before I can say I've seen all the greats. I like showing off the list because it gives readers an idea of my random taste in movies. It also gives moviegoers a chance to wildly disagree which I welcome as well. Below are 230-223.

230. Knight and Day (2010)--A sleeper in 2010 in my opinion. Cameron Diaz falls head over heels for Tom Cruise who turns out to be a special agent. Action and laughs abound. My Rating: 80.

229: X-Men: First Class (2011)--The first decent origin story coming out of the X-Men camp. It follows a young Charles Xavier and Magneto as they work to build a better life for mutants. This movie also gets an award for having one of the most memorable scenes I can remember. Let's just say I'll never look at a quarter the same way again. My Rating: 80.

228. The Proposal (2009)

227. Above the Rim (1994)--Featured some powerful acting roles from the likes of Tupac, Duane Martin, and Bernie Mac. Give viewers a glimpse of the harsh realities of star athletes that grow up in the toughest of areas. My Rating: 80.



226. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)



225. Abraham Lincoln: Vanpire Hunter (2012)--So you mean to tell me Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves...and he killed vampires? That's all I need to know. My Rating: 80.



224. The Croods (2013)--Wonderful animated movie about an overprotective father trying to keep his family alive in a prehistoric world. My Rating: 80.

223. Iron Man 2 (2010)--Not as good as the first, but definitely a satisfying thrill ride packed with a great deal of action and a star-studded cast of Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Gwyneth Paltrow, and the great Mickey Rourke. My Rating: 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment