Thursday, November 9, 2017

Wind River (2017) Movie Review

Image result for wind river

I went to see Wind River having no knowledge of it, having not watched one single solitary trailer. I had heard good things, but I didn't expect it to be such a powerful film. Thank God that Moviepass gives me a chance to take chances on movies that aren't as highly pubbed. 

There was nothing I didn't like about this movie honestly. It's one of those films where it ends and it doesn't even feel like you've been watching for two hours. It easily keeps you interested from start to finish mystery, tension-building, and some surprisingly good action. I used to cringe everytime I would read the word "gripping" in a review, but there really is no better to describe Wind River. It grabs ahold of you and refuses to let go. So many layers, so many things to unpack. Yet perfectly simple. It's one of those films that stands out as fresh and original.

Jeremy Renner plays the role of Cory Lambert, a game tracker on a Native American reservation in Wyoming. His helped is enlisted by FBI agent Jane Banner (Elizabeth Olsen) who needs his help uncovering what happened to one of the women on the reservation. Lambert is a struggling hero, dealing with helping a family put their minds to rest while dealing with the ghosts of his own past. Renner's reflection of a broken man fits the role perfectly. He's confident in his ability to do the job, but also certain in his belief that the story won't end well. His mannerisms and personality discreetly take over the big screen. Phenomenal job.

There is a reason I'm being so vague on this review. I want you to go in with a clean slate like I did. Watch it. You won't regret it. I give it a 98.

No comments:

Post a Comment