Thursday, November 19, 2015

Peanuts Movie Review




Based on the Sunday comic strip, Peanuts centers around young kid Charlie Brown and his quest to get the new girl in town to like him. The gang is all here. Peppermint Patty. Lucy. Lionus. Schroeder. Pigpen. All of those pale in comparison to Snoopy who steals any scene that he is a part of.

As I mentioned earlier, Snoopy makes this movie. The majority of the times I found myself laughing was during scenes he was in. There's one particular scene towards the end of the movie that had me in hysterics. Besides Snoopy, I also loved the fact the movie came with a heartwarming message. Unfortunately, it came a little too late. By that point, Charlie Brown had been raked through the mud too many times to count finally causing me to scream, "Enough already. Good grief!" It was almost like watching an animated version of The Pursuit of Happyness.

While Snoopy saved a good portion of the movie, it wasn't enough to keep me fully engaged or make the movie memorable. There were a lot of lulls, particularly when Snoopy would do his Red Baron bit. Once is enough of that. Five times? Way too much. My final thought: I give this movie a 54.

No comments:

Post a Comment