Monday, January 15, 2018

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) Movie Review

Image result for safety not guaranteed




In Safety Not Guaranteed, three reporters go on a wild goose chase to track down a man who put out a want-ad for a time travel partner. I want to keep this is as short as I can because, if you haven't seen it yet, I want you to go in knowing as little as I did. What starts out as a quirky adventure turns into a touching story as truth starts to unfold. Everyone can think of something they would go back in time and change, but Darius (Aubrey Plaza) secretly has a reason that would put ours to shame. Sometimes it's the little things that can make all the difference.

You'll come to love Darius within the first ten minutes of the movie. Plaza plays the role well with quirky quips that crack me up. Definitely an easy character to root for. 

My only problem with the film was that it ended way too soon. At only 86 minutes, it's a quick watch that keeps you entertained the whole way through. There is more that I want to expand on outside of the fun, unique premise and the wonderful protagonist, but this is definitely one you should experience for yourself with as little to go on as possible. It finds a way into your heart and sticks with you. For that, not only am I giving it a 100, but it knocks off Spider-Man 2 to crack my All-Time Top Ten List. See it.

No comments:

Post a Comment