Thursday, January 4, 2018

I Declare War (2012) Movie Review

Image result for i declare war 2012

I Declare War is the first film I chose in my quest to watch 365 films in 2018. It won't go down as a classic, but rather a film you're glad you watched at least once. Honestly, had it been a film about anything else, it could've been a classic. The subject matter made it hard to stay intrigued. You're entertained sure, but in the back of your mind, you're constantly reminding yourself that this is kids playing a game. With no real stakes. In the woods.

That's the plot, guys. A game of War played with fake weapons by kids in the woods. There were some funny moments that gave me a chuckle. One quote in particular caught me off guard: "God is so gay." Hilarious. I also thought writer Jason Lapeyre did an excellent job of capturing the fun blend between reality and pretend and how blurred those lines can be when kids use their imaginations. Friendships get tested in the spirit of competition. We all know how much kids hate to lose.

Decent, not classic. Even better, you can check it out on Vudu right now for free. I give it a 70.

No comments:

Post a Comment